CHALLENGE RULES – READ CAREFULLY AND ENTIRELY
The Primary Film Challenge Rules are incorporated herein.
Failure to follow All Challenge Rules may disqualify your entry from being screened and/or being eligible for any awards!
Submission deadline for scripts: December 4, 2023 @ 11:59pm
Script Selections announced December 6, 2023.
Complete film must be submitted by: February 26th, 2024 @11:59pm
[Premiere TBD ~March 2024]
- This challenge has one genre/theme: Holiday Theme. Sub genres are welcome.
- Keep it clean, max rating of PG-13. No nudity. Limited profanity allowed where useful to the story line. We normally have a general audience in the theater, keep it so the whole family can enjoy the screening.
- Maximum total film run-time (including titles and credits) is 9 minutes.
- If your script was selected you have a secured screening spot at the event and your cast and crew are eligible for awards as long as the final film qualifies and is submitted by the deadline.
- Films not received by the deadline will not be eligible for awards and may not be screened.
- If your script is selected you are expected to post updates to the OIF group along with these lead tags:
- Your film may NOT be shown elsewhere prior to the OIF Challenge screening date.
- Award nominations for actors as a lead and/or supporting role is limited to a total of three (3) films per Challenge.
- Writers or Directors are limited to such roles in 1 film per Challenge.
- Additional Terms and Conditions may apply and will be posted on the submission form.
Be sure to carefully read the Film Submission Guidelines HERE. This is a film Challenge – Do not jeopardize your entry by not following the Challenge rules!
As long as you follow the guidelines and submit your complete film by February 26th, 2024, your screening spot is basically secured and your cast/crew will be eligible to compete for awards. See full guidelines below, here are the top 5: Remember “CHECK”
- C – You MUST post at least one Casting Call in the OIF group.
- H – All posts must be related to your film and must contain the following Hashtag #OIFSTARChallenge
- E – In the complete film, you must add this End Credit without any modifications “This Film was Created for an OIF Film Challenge.”
- C – Film to entertain the diverse Crowd – Keep it PG-13, NO nudity (gore is ok) we will have all ages in the audience, including kids.
- K – Kick off the film submission process closer to February 1st by assembling the required, Awards Nominees, Poster, and optionally the Bio. (https://oifstudio.com/submissions/awards-nominations/, https://oifstudio.com/submissions/poster-submission/, https://oifstudio.com/submissions/filmmakers-bio/
Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress, Best Music, Best Director, Best Cinematographer, Best Editor, Best Original Story, Best Sound, Best Set Design, Best Hair/MUA.
- REWRITE – leave the script for a couple of days then come back to read it with a fresh mind, you have time, don’t rush or send the first draft.
- GET FEEDBACK – Let someone else advise you on their take of your script. We have a poll with 50+ people who are willing to give that feedback. You can also reach out and consider participating in a table read workshop.
- Get to the point fast, answer the question “what are we following here” as soon as you can so your script has a good pace, keep the audience engaged.
- Avoid “fluff” that may disenchant the audience and use action for greater engagement.
- Submit an engaging original. Include a memorable story with scenes and characters to thrill the audience at the premiere.